Long Haul COVID-19 Impacts on the Supply Chain
COVID-19 supply chain impacts are not going away soon. On-time Delivery (OTD) and On-time in Full (OTIF), lower production, scarce labor, and raw material shortages are some of the major symptoms.
Accepting this new reality is key and creating an improvement plan is important.
1. Leverage your Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process. Identifying issues and providing possible solutions is most important
2. Be proactive with the suppliers to accurately reflect lead times.
3. Validate production lead time.
4. Reflect actual lead times in quotes
5. Minimize raw material variability and establish safety stock levels.
6. Verify MRP / ERP planning parameters.